Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Dear Eugen Coach Allen...I Salute You


The AC Highschool Vikings ended their season with a loss to rival powerhouse Shawnee. Raymond Tyler takes time to thank Coach Allen and his teach for another great season.

Coach Eugen Allen (left) and Raymond Tyler
at The 91.7 WLFR radio studios.

Dear Coach Allen,

I want to thank you and your men for another great season of AC Viking Basketball. I know you have said that you don't count "moral victory" but allow me to say...your team and dedication are indeed better than the 25-5 record of this season. I am always prouder of your work and influence on our young men than any record, any game winning shot or trophy that can be put in a case.

The fact is, I have never seen a trophy that tells the complete story of the team work, the practice, the extra effort that was sacrificed by the winner. For ever trophy I have seen, I always try and remember there was a team or player that came up short but worked hard as well.

I am writing this letter because I want to salute you and your men for giving myself and old VIKING fans so much to be proud of this season.

The internet is not large enough to brag about what AC Basketball means on the courts. You and your 2018 can proudly say that you have added to the legacy of round ball in AC.

I want to however, say I cannot thank you enough for preparing our young men for the challenges, the wins and losses they will face in the class room and in life.

Thanks to your care of these men beyond athletics, x's and o's, wins and losses, plays and stats...the young men in your care will represent Atlantic City well in whatever they do for the rest of their lives.

Coach, I am proud to know you and I salute you for another great season of basketball and for guiding another team to be leaders we can be proud of for the rest of our days.

Enjoy your summer and family.

However, don't even think about retiring and resist the urge to move up to the college game (although we know it's coming sooner than we will want it to.)

Peace,

Raymond Tyler




Our Great Sponsors













No comments:

Post a Comment

THRIV is the festival for ARTS/ARTISTS AFTER 40

  T hriv, coming to Atlantic City for a weekend that is full of fun and inspiration for baby boomers and gen Xers thinking about how you wan...