Thursday, February 1, 2018

4 Questions I Have Regarding Tom Hanks Playing Mr. Rogers.

FOUR QUESTIONS ABOUT MR. HANKS AS MR. ROGERS

So last week we heard Tom Hanks wants to play the iconic Fred Rogers in a bio film about Mr. Rogers and we assume the TV show Mr. Rogers Neighborhood.

So a few questions came to mind
.



4. Am I The Only One That Thought A Few Years Ago...The Late Robin Williams would have been the perfect choice?

I'm just saying.

3. Could We Get Tom Hanks To Petition Congress.

In real live Fred Rogers went before congress to discuss the benefits of educational television.

That was in 1969 and unfortunately the peak of educational TV for kids was  during the 1970's. (Maybe it wasn't but it feels that way since that's when I was a kid.)

2. Can We Get A Bio Film on The Electric Company?

Mr. Rogers Neighborhood was an important show...however...I would love to hear the inside stories behind The Electric Company with Bill Cosby, Morgan Freeman and Rita "HEY YOU GUYS" Morano on that set!

1. "Dog On It." Can you think of any one more suited to portray Mr. Rogers?

Everyone loved Mr. Rogers and every one loves Tom Hanks. Even when he plays a cross dressing wise guy...(Yeah so every article I write about Hanks is going to reference Bosom Buddies) or a father that is also a hit man (Road To Perdition)...we love Hanks.
There is something so..."lets hang out" about him, Hanks has always had. Who else can go on BLACK JEOPARDY (an SNL skit) as a Red Neck and Black People love it.

I can't say that I will shell out $15 to see Tom Hanks sing "Won't You Be My Neighbor." I will wager that for those that go, they will feel it's worth every penny. And lastly, the benefit of celebrating the one and only FRED ROGERS? I Can't Put A Dollar Amount On That!



______

Our Proud Sponsors











No comments:

Post a Comment

THRIV is the festival for ARTS/ARTISTS AFTER 40

  T hriv, coming to Atlantic City for a weekend that is full of fun and inspiration for baby boomers and gen Xers thinking about how you wan...