Tuesday, February 13, 2018

4 Cover Songs for Your Valentine's Play List!

We all know what tomorrow is.
For some of you it will be happiness, topped with ice cream, covered in syrup with sex sprinkles.

Then there's the rest of us.....

I just had to get that in.

Anyway.

I wanted to share 4 great slow jam covers to add to your play list.


1. David Ruffin-I MISS YOU originally by Harold Melvin and The Blue Notes featuring Teddy Pendergrass!

David channels Teddy and shows you that The Bluenotes may be Philly's Temptations.
No matter. I doubt any song would not sound great with David Ruffin's vocals.



2. Patti Labelle-IF YOU DON'T KNOW ME BY NOW-originally by Harold Melvin and The Blue Notes

Miss Patti nor this version need an intro. Just trust if you never heard this version? This will make you love the song even more and it is amazing what she brings to this recording.

I found this record digging through a $2 bin at Green Onions in Philly and found a few songs from this LP. This one is my favorite.



2.Sam Cooke-Mona Lisa originally By Nat King Cole

No one had a voice that compares to Nat King Cole. If one were to try...Sam Cooke would have been a good try. Sam had elements of soul however, that Nat rarely brought through in his own music.

So when I came across this cover I was more than delighted.




1. Michael Jackson  Love Is Here But Now You're Gone. Originally by The Supremes

I could do a whole blog and I will on why The Jackson 5 is my favorite cover band.

Though Michael is featured here, they have great covers with Jermaine on lead as well.





I still say Valentine's Day is Hum Bug ...but....I hope you dig this play list.


Our Great and Loving Sponsors











No comments:

Post a Comment

THRIV is the festival for ARTS/ARTISTS AFTER 40

  T hriv, coming to Atlantic City for a weekend that is full of fun and inspiration for baby boomers and gen Xers thinking about how you wan...