Wednesday, July 11, 2018

LOVE IN THE MORNING: Wednesday Love Song Play List


So today I am switching up. Instead of some corny words on the beauty of love.
Here are 6 corny songs from the archives that celebrate love.


6. Moody's Mood For Love


I still find it hard to believe that Nancy Wilson has yet to record this ..at least I haven't found a recording of her singing this wonderful song. I found so much wonderful music thanks to The Cosby Show.

____

Here is the original by King Pleasure




5. How Bout Us...



By the 80's group Champagne
This love song for some reason got lost in all the great music of the 80's. Though it seems I was very young when this came out.
If you know the words to this...you MIGHT be an "Old Head."

4. If I Were A Bell



By Teena Marie

Any playlist about love songs I do is "gone" have Lady T somewhere on it.
When this came out...I was NOT is love. But I wanted to be.
This is a song I would love to share with someone special one day!

3. Misty By Johnny Mathis


One of the best pieces of advice my dad gave me was to get into Johnny Mathis' music.
Though was before my time...every woman I met that was worth my time...appreciated this crooner.

2. If This World Were Mine By Cheryl Lynn and Luther Vandross


"Number 2 shoulda been Number 1 to me."
This song was originally performed by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell...however Luther and Cheryl owned this.

One day I have to do a play list of all Luther...why?
BECAUSE

NUMBER ONE
You're All I Need To Get By
Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell



Even before Mary and Meth, before Bey and Jay...
Marvin and Tammi were music's POWER COUPLE.

This is one reason why.

I dare you NOT to sing.

Enjoy Love This Wednesday...Get You Some and Soon as You Can and Get as Much as You Can.

____________

You can hear more great slow jam picks from your "Uncle Ray" by checking out my podcast "Uncle Ray's After Dark Lounge"

__________________

Thank You For Enjoying This Presentation.
Please Share and Support Our Sponsors!













No comments:

Post a Comment

THRIV is the festival for ARTS/ARTISTS AFTER 40

  T hriv, coming to Atlantic City for a weekend that is full of fun and inspiration for baby boomers and gen Xers thinking about how you wan...