Tuesday, July 10, 2018

LOVE IN THE MORNING: Is It Safe For Black Men To Show Love

5 Questions About Black Men Showing Other Black Men Love.....


First Of All... GOOD MORNING EVERYONE! I made to choice to dedicate myself to starting my mornings writing about love not toxic love, or plain love...but the beautiful, exciting and sometimes challenging and scary things that love brings to the table.





The response has been very positive so I hope you enjoy and will give me ideas and in put and there are openings for guest columnists.


I want to explore a few questions about Black Men showing love to each other.



___________________

My Father , Raymond Tyler Sr. was ahead of his time.

I know the names of all of his childhood friends and have met almost all of them.
In a world where it was almost criminal for a Black man to smile, laugh, cry, and have healthy and bonding relationships with other men...my dad often joked and showed genuine love for his friends.
He knew their children and we as his kids knew his friends and their kids.
As I progressed into the world outside my father's house I saw that
people, the world , women, institutions ...expected and almost demanded that men and especially men of color be not like my dad.

I know so many brothers I grew up with that were just...not negative but not like my dad in giving life your greatness and also sharing in the greatness of other brothers.




So please enjoy these random pics of some of my favorite brothers sharing in life.
And let's think about these questions.




1.Is It SAFE? Can Black Men show love for each other and bond now?




2. What Are We Teaching The Next Generation Of Black Men About Love? In all aspects.




3. Why Do Some Black Men Still Act Like It's Criminal To Celebrate Another Black Man's Success?


(You Do Realize. That if you a DJ and He A DJ. Him getting a gig you wanted, doesn't take a way anything really from you? You also realize that if YOU a DJ and HE A DJ..."stealing a gig you know was his...is pretty low and karma has a bag of garbage with your name on it heading to your address?)


2. Have We Learned The Value Of Apology?





1. As A Man...What Do You Feel Is The True Value Of Love?




--------------------

Please Support Our Wonderful Sponsors













No comments:

Post a Comment

THRIV is the festival for ARTS/ARTISTS AFTER 40

  T hriv, coming to Atlantic City for a weekend that is full of fun and inspiration for baby boomers and gen Xers thinking about how you wan...