Wednesday, November 14, 2018

THE MICROPHONE FIEND...JILL SCOTT


The Raymond Tyler Media Editorial
Number One!
Do I Slap The Mic Outta Your Mouth?

This week I have seen a lot of "big" talk about the Jill Scott video where she "simulates" a sexual act.

Some are cheering her on like she in the 21st Century, Vanessa del Rio (I have no idea who VDR is but I understand she enjoyed "the mic" as well.)

Others are acting like Jill Scott has defiled the sanctity of the world wide web and degraded herself as a woman.



I love Jill Scott ...and I am not going to say much.

Since Jill, started making music and music videos, I have met people that have never met her that projected their experience, lifestyles and now hang ups on to "Jill Scott."

I have met several women that have said "Jill Scott" validates them being mad at other women, baby daddies ,men, or whoever. The Jill Scott I know/knew is a lot of things...smart, honest and yes sensual at times on stage...but never "angry."

My point is some people will always find someone they can project their hang ups on...

Now that being said...YOU. You have every right to be offended...even disappointed with the whole Jill Scott "blessing" the mic video.

Let Uncle Raymond share this however. I don't like black eyed peas (I detest the food...the band I messes with)...I don't go to war with black eyed peas, or the growers or the eaters. I just do not eat black eyed peas and GO ON WITH MY LIFE! You can do that.

YOU CAN TOTALLY....IGNORE SOMETHING THAT YOU DO NOT LIKE WITH OUT HAVING TO CONVINCE EVERY ONE ELSE TO NOT LIKE IT...and guess what...you can totally spend that time indulging what makes you happy and letting the world know about that.

What's Your Opinion? We'd Like To Know!

PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS AND EVENTS!













No comments:

Post a Comment

THRIV is the festival for ARTS/ARTISTS AFTER 40

  T hriv, coming to Atlantic City for a weekend that is full of fun and inspiration for baby boomers and gen Xers thinking about how you wan...